Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 08:23:08 -0800
> From:    Diane Duncan <[log in to unmask]>

> Subject: Update sort of [Re:[PCBUILD] No hard disk on cd boot Setup]

Snip for brevity-

> From:    Diane Duncan <[log in to unmask]>

> Subject: Update sort of [Re:[PCBUILD] No hard disk on cd boot Setup]
Snip for brevity-

>Upon restart, I now get the additional
>information of ATAPI CDROM [CD-ROM CDU701], which wasn't listed on the
>first screen prior to this ribbon exchange.  There is still no mention of
the
>hard drive.  Is that sequence of information on the screen called the POST?

Nope, the POST is a acronym for "power on self test"
That's the single beep you like to hear when your computer first comes to
life.
The information you are seeing is your BIOS report, BIOS (basic input/output
services)
BIOS runs little programs stored on the ROM chip designed to talk to the
most basic parts of your computer, each little program is called a service.

Here is a good resource for a lot of PC questions and answers-
 http://www.upgradingandrepairingpcs.com/faqs/index.asp

Ron White

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com