Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:16:12 -0500
Please keep in mind I am a computer novice and may not use the proper computer language. In the past, I have posted questions and would like to thank everyone for their help and information. I greatly appreciate it.

I use a computer phone service called Magic Jack. I think it's considered a "soft" phone. I have Windows XP, and keep it updated.

My question is about the icon "Safely Remove Hardware". I know that it is there for a good reason and not to remove it. My computer is not in hibernation mode or sleep, and all other power options are off, except for my monitor. That goes to sleep after 15 minutes. At night, I turn off my monitor and leave my computer on.

When I turn my monitor on in the morning, I hear a series of 2-3 beeps and Magic Jack at times will unload itself and then I have to load it. Sometimes it will reload by itself. Also, there were times, that after the computer has been idle awhile during the day, this same thing will happen.

I thought it was a Magic Jack problem but now I think it may have something to do with the "Safely Remove Hardware". Is there a way I can find info about this "Safely Remove Hardware"? I tried the Help from Windows and couldn't find anything.

Again, any help or info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com