From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:04:32 -0600
Generally, if both computers can see each other, and the other computer can
see the intended printer, you should be able to go properties, and then to
sharing, enable sharing, then give the printer a name (this is on the
computer with the printer attached). Then on the remote computer, choose
that printer to print to.

I would probably prefer the printer be conected to the XP based system and
not the W98 based system. I have also seen some printers that require that
their drivers be installed on both systems and the printer softaware will
set up the printer sharing automatically. I also have fewer problems with
NT, 2000, and XP based systems than I do with mixed W9x based networks.

Dennis Noble
It's not what you want that makes you fat,
It's what you get.

>             I have a very basic network setup (2 computers (1) WinXp
>desktop and (1) Win98 desktop and a four port switch) Both machines are
>able to "see" one another by browsing the entire network.  File and
>Print sharing has been set for both computers.  I would like to share a
>printer that is locally installed (parallel port) on the Win98 computer
>with the WinXP computer.  Any recommendations are appreciated.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com