From:
Jay Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:39:53 EDT
I have been using a 3Com Office Connect Dual Analog router/bridge, for over a
year. It has 2 modems built in and if you connect 2 phone lines into it, it
can nearly double your 56K speed (if your ISP supports modem bonding). It is
really easy to set up, and I have had no problems. I have 3 PC's and 1
printer shared over this unit (Supports up to 25 users I think). I recommend
it! This unit is now obsolete, but they can still be bought new for under
$100.00US. If you can't find one, and you're interested, email me privately
and I will tell you where to get them.  The newer version also allows users
to share a fax, but is much pricier. Testing for security at www.grc.com
shows me all ports are closed, vs. stealth mode on a Multitech RF500 I use at
work, but closed is fine here, and if I were really concerned w/security I
would use zonealarm.

Jay Merritt

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com