From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:36:13 -0400
Hi,

You may have a defective dimm, or you may have gotten the 16m instead of
a 32, but in reality you probably revceived a newer dimm rather than an
older one.

If you check the specs of the printer, it may tell you that you need a
certain density in the module.  This is a problem older main boards have
with newer memory.  The memory makers have doubled the desity of the
modules used to make the simms and now make what was double sided,
single sided, to save costs.

Older boards can't read the new chips correctly and read them as 1/2 of
their actual size.  I would think you are having the same issue with
your printer.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

Subject: [PCBUILD] Brother HL-1440 Printer Problem

I have a Brother HL-1440 printer. I am trying to increase the memory in
the printer. I have installed what is supposed to be a 32mb SIMM. The
printer is recognizing it as only 16mb. As far as I can tell, there is
no configuration that needs to be done. Do I possibly have a defective
SIMM? Or did I get a 16mb SIMM when I paid for a 32mb SIMM?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml