From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:04:04 -0400
This most frequently happens when you are using the generic chipset driver
for the modem, rather than the modem assembler's (EOM) driver.  I have had
this occur with a lot of white box computers.  The driver supplied with the
pc, or the one loaded from windows library, supports dialing, etc but not
the optional voice, etc features.  Since I am in a business environment
where I don't care for speakerphone / microphone features, I ignore it. I
had one modem that was supposed to work through the sound card speakers and
microphone, that I am highly suspicious that a working driver was never
released.  Check the modem's website for updates.
Tom Turak