From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:19:12 -0800
I recently picked up a Canon D1250U2 at Staples for about $15 after rebates.
It is an older model, but works great for scanning paper or photo negatives
and slides! Look for discontinued models being cleared out. I have used HP,
Visioneer, UMAX and now the Canon scanners and all seem fine. We use HP
scanners at my school (where I work) and we have had numerous problems with
drivers, so the idea of HP being a safe bet may no longer apply.

Just my experiences - hope it helps.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

It doesn't
> support legal size, and there are no 2K XP drivers.
>
> Mark Rode

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml