From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:34:56 -0700
About a year ago, my power supply went out and took the mobo with it. So I paid somebody to replace the mobo. They replaced eMachines mobo with an HP mobo. They DID NOT use eMachines restore disk. Subsequently, the computer would crash on occasion which it did not do previously do.

A few weeks back, I had a system failure and did a non-destructive restore using the eMachines restore disk. I have since been dealing with more system crashes.

Here's the thing. I still don't have everything else up and running smoothly. Both before and after this restore, I have had frequent Firefox crashes although I have had similar problems at the library on multiple machines so I don't know if that is machine specific. These Firefox crashes occur even when I have all add-ons disabled. (I have also had IE crashes.) If everything else was working properly I would spend my time getting Firefox right. But if I can't keep the computer from crashing, nothing else matters.

I can't afford to have an unreliable machine but I also can't spend the next weeks getting this straightened out. Is this a lost cause?

Bruce