From:
Russ Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:34:31 -0500
I refurbished a 3 year old computer that has a VIA motherboard with VIA
chipsets. It worked fine before I reloaded the OS and the drivers. Now
the USB ports don't recognize flash drives (several different brands) in
the USB ports. They show up in "My Computer" with a question mark, then
after a short time they show the icon as available, then it goes away
after a minute or so. The eject icon shows that the drive can be
ejected. This happens on all 6 of the USB ports. The drivers are up to
date, no further updates available. So I installed a PCI USB card that
works ok. But I don't know why the internal USB ports are so flaky. The
OS, Win XP Home is up to date.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml