From:
Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 02:43:47 +0000
>Date:    Tue, 12 May 1998 10:55:59 -0800
>From:    David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: NETWORK DRIVE
>
>On 10 May 98 at 21:00, Edna Sloan wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to convert a network drive to a standard drive?  I bought a
>> nonworking computer that had this type apparently(has a sticker on it that
>> says it must be used as a pair only?).  It is not detected regardless of
>> jumper settings.  Its a 1.275G conner drive.  TIA,
>
>  My pocket reference lists a Conner 1.275G drive that was made in
>IDE and ATA-2 versions, and a 1.278G drive that was made in EIDE and
>SCSI versions.  Is there a model number on the drive?
>
>  If you are trying to install this as a slave to another IDE drive
>(you don't say...), it's possible that the two drives can't coexist
>that way.  They might work with the relationship reversed; they
>should work okay on separate channels.
>  It's possible that the existing drive may have different jumper
>settings for "only drive on channel" and "master with slave
>attached".  [Recent drives generally seem to use only one jumper
>setting for both situations.]
>
>David G

Hi, and thanks for your help.  Its an EIDE with model # CFS1275A and the
number on a sticker where it is cautioned to use the drive as a pair only
is, CFS2113A-S.  This drive also crosses to Seagate ST31275A.  I tried it
as sole drive and also as a slave, but could not get it detected by bios
regardless of jumper settings(which are marked on the case).  I was
attempting to install it in an ACER Aspire pentium 100 system in which
other drives work fine.

Thanks,

Edna Sloan