From:
lswpubrw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:59:45 -0400
> Hi Bob,
> Try the following: Disable the wireless adapter

OK done.

> Network connections folder - r-c on the LAN connection > Properties >
> (BTW, the LAN connection should already show the adapter used in the
> Device
> column)

OK I r-c the Networks Connections and Internet folder in the control panel.

> Under the General tab ,make sure the correct adapter is selected.
> In the list below ,make sure Internet Protocol is ticked and then select
> it.

OK done although the window only shows one adapter, the same one as shown in
the device manager so I'm guessing that's correct.

> Then select Properties and in the resulting panel ,tick "Obtain an IP
> address automatically"
> which means that you're using the DHCP server.
> This is all standard IP config

The "obtain an IP address automatically was NOT checked off but is now.
Still no connection.

> In Services ,make sure that DHCP Client is started and set to auto.

How do I get to Services?

> In Device Manager ,make sure that the adapter is present and enabled.

Device manager shows adaptor present and enabled.

> Showing LAN4 only means that there have been 3 previous LAN setups.

OK renamed.

Still not connecting but maybe I need to do the Services step?

Bob

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml