From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:47:59 -0400
I have a question, a friend of mine just told me to set a Cyrix MX PR-233 to
33 Mhz less than the
CPU's rated speed because this would cause the CPU to burnout.  How true is
this, I set my
motherboard (and ENPC i430TX chipset) to the CPU specs which were a 75 mhz
bus with 2.9 volts
into the processor and the multiplier (called the ratio on the motherboard)
to 2.5.  All according
to the specs on the CPU.  Should I be a little worried???

Has anyone ever experience a problem with this? I don't have the system
complete yet ( have
yet to get Floppy/HD/and CDROM) It seems to boot up fine exept after the
memory test
(which should be 16 megs but reads 5--Im using SDRAM, 1 dimm). It detects
the CPU just
fine, but after finding 5 megs of memory and saying OK. it stop where you
would press del (award bios)
and enter the bios, but it won't let me do that.  I supposed it because I
don't have any drives
attached to it so it just stops there and does nothing.

I plan to put at least a floppy in and see what happens before I do anything
else.  This getting
a little long.

Thank's in advance for your help.

--Patrick Black