From:
Bill Hornkohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:10:17 -0500
I just put together a  Win ME system with an Abit VH6T board.
 It will boot up fine and I thought all was OK until I tried the USB
ports and they seemed dead. I reformatted and reloaded Win Me ,I tried
flashing the bios with three different versions, I loaded the latest 4in1
drivers and I installed the USB filter patch.
 I borrowed a USB powered hub and plugged it into one of the ports on the
board. With the power on everything works but not
without the hub being powered. With the hub set on bus there is no indicator
lights on the hub to show it is getting any power. Is there something I
missed to make the ports work without a powered hub. My guess is there is no
power at the usb ports.