From:
Stefan Schull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:40:21 -0400
Hi again...  I just aquired a new mobo and I am debating what would be the
best course of action...

I currently am running a Classic Slot A Athlon 700 on a FIC SD11 -- (I
personally hate this board with a passion, but that could be the subject
for at least five other threads ;-).  I am running with two sticks of
PC133 Mircon SDRAM.  Video is an old Voodoo3 2000 AGP.

I just acquired an EC K7S5A and a Duron 750.  If I threw my hardware onto
that board (it supports DDR and SDRAM,) how will my performance differ?

I guess really, what is the difference between the socket Duron and slot
Athlon?  Wasn't the Duron based on the Athlon core?  Reduced cache?

(I run Redhat Linux 7.2, and if for some twisted reason I need it, Windows
2000 Pro)

Thanks for any input!

Stefan Schull