From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:34:28 -0600
I've got a catch 22 situation here
Working on an Asus P4s533 P4 board that won't boot from the floppy.
Running XP home on the system.
Floppy works fine after booting.
Found on the asus site that I need a bios upgrade to correct the problem.
seems the floppy won't boot when using the 533mhz bus.
I need a clean Dos boot up to flash the bios.
Tried to boot from a cdrom but when and if I get to a prompt
the award flash program won't run. I guess some bootable cds use floppy
emulation,
so when I type A: it shows the contents of the cd.
I download the "ultimate boot disk" ISO and burned a bootable cd,
but I can't get back to a dos prompt to flash the bios.
Tried an IDE zip drive with system files, but so far it won't boot from the
zip.
I can copy the bios files to the harddrive via network, but I still need to
boot XP to a clean dos boot to flash the bios
Ideas?

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho