From:
"Joseph H. Bishop" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 06:01:24 -0400
Mary Wolden wrote:

> From: Jim Gemeinhardt
> Subject: [PCBUILD] PII system will not boot.
>
> > I have recently put together the following system:
> > All components are brand newI can't get the system to boot..
> > My normal procedure is to install the video, ram, CPU and fan and attempt
> to simply boot the system. This isn't successful.The SDRAM that I am using is
> 8 chip 10ns non ECC.  I am not sure if thisis presenting a problem. If the CPU
> fan is being powered, does this indicate that the board and ram are still
> good?Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>   You did not state whether the ram you had was PC100 or not, but if
> it isn't that might be your problem.
>
> Mary Wolden
>
>  Hi All,

I think that Mary hit the nail on the head , Jim... She stated that you must use
PC100
SDRAM with  this motherboard... In your information you stated that you were
using 10ns ,,,,, PC100 compliant ram is  6,7 or 8ns ,, your ram will not certify
as
compliant therefore is most likely your problem.
Hope this assists.
Joseph H. Bishop
PuterDoc
www.puterdoc.com