From:
"Lindstrom, Rick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:11:43 -0500
Hello-

I've read this list for months now and realize that there is very little
discussion of games and installation, but I'm going to throw this out
anyway. Please reply directly to me if you feel that this material is of no
general interest to the list.

Grim Fandango requires DirectX 6.0 and will update the machine upon
installation. My machine already has drivers for DirectX 5.0, so I'm
assuming that this update won't cause "much" trouble. My question centers
around these drivers- does anyone know if the 5.0 to 6.0 update is
problematic?

I've heard some pretty good stories about people installing games and
having serious problems afterwards; I'm trying to avoid that if possible. I
might add that the documentation that accompanies the game regarding
potential video problems does not exactly inspire confidence either.

The machine is a recent one, with AGP video and a Matrox Millenium G200
video card.

Any input on this is appreciated.

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL