From:
Paul Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 15:24:18 -0500
Jim,

I had a similar problem one time.  Trying to format and copy system files,
the process of copying files would fail at some point.  I think my solution
was to  recopy all the system files from the Win95 cd to the hard drive,
including sys.com.  I am assuming sys.com was corrupted.

At 06:55 PM 1/6/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>     All of a sudden I have discovered I cannot format a floppy disk and
>make it bootable.  I have tried using the format command from MY COMPUTER in
>Windows 98 and using the format A:/s command at the DOS prompt.  The files
>are there.  I can boot from a floppy made at another computer and boot from
>a Windows 98 setup disk. I can't remember when the last time I made a
>bootable floppy on this computer but I have done it before.  What's the deal
>here ???

J. Paul Jones
http://www.mindspring.com/~jpjcet/