Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:58:44 -0400
I replaced a Power Supply 230  with a PS 300. Mob is AT and the PS300 is
AT. When I start the system with the new PS the performance is very
erratic. Some times it does the memory count; other times it does not
recognize the HDD. And in many cases the HDD start making clunking
noises. The HD is a Caviar. I troubleshooted it and it seems to be okay.
I have checked the power connectors maybe hundred times. Even I changed
the data cable for the HDD and CD ROM with the same negative results.

Now, when I remove the new PS and replace it with the *old* PS
everything works fine. Why it does not work with the new PS?

I will appreciate any hints, tips, help, etc

TIA

Gerardo Medrano

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com