From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:21:30 -0500
You should look in the manuals that came with your machine from Micron. The mobo they use has its own pattern of beeps for specific problems. The things you can check are whether your video card is properly seated and connected to your monitor, whether your RAM is properly seated, and whether your CPU is properly seated.  You can try taking out all but one stick of RAM to see if you have bad RAM.  If it keeps beeping and stalling, you can try different sticks until it works, if that is the problem.  A bad or not completely seated video card will make it beep, but I don't know how many times on your mobo.  On mine it was 3 beeps. If you can take a look at the mobo, you may be able to determine who made it for Micron, then try a google search to find the manufacturer.  With a 233 CPU, it is pretty old, so you might have a real hard time finding anything on it.  Are your LED's lighting up when you power up?  You might have to take it to a place that can check its health if you cannot find the beep pattern, and you don't have a loose CPU, loose or bad RAM, or a loose or bad video card.  Depending on your mobo, the beeps may be reporting something else entirely.