From:
Mike Abrams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:09:35 -0700
this is windows98se.
 Bob Wright wrote:At 11:17 PM 9/24/2002, you wrote:
>my cdrom keeps spinning up for no reason, is this a windows thing that keeps doing this?
>i have tried it on 3 different ones so i think it must b a os thing. thanks

This again is missing the OS. It does make a difference which
version of Windows you are using.

One thing you might try is to click on Start | Run and type
in MSCONFIG [press ok] and when the application starts
click on the Startup tab. Look through all the applications
that start when Windows boots and uncheck anything pointing
to your CD Rom drive or that provides autoplay in the CD Rom
drive.

If this does not do it, then post the version of Windows on your
system and when this begins, such as time of boot or when you
start certain applications.

Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group

Visit our website regularly for FAQs,