From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:03:41 -0500
It's not so much an issue of a driver for the monitor, but for the video
card. If it's proprietary, then only Compaq drivers will work.
In some cases you may be able to get a simular driver for the video from the
maker of the video chip. The video chip says what colors you can have and
the monitor will tell you what resolutions you have. But not all monitors
will handle all resolutions, hence the INF file for the monitors. These tell
Windows what the monitor can handle without going out of sync. (although you
could tweak the monitor and INF to get more resolution-but difficult)

Winston