From:
Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:32:14 -0400
I've had a few CD disks which caused very noticeable noise and vibration when run. It's happened with several computers. It's always been a disk which came as a driver disk with a piece of hardware. Maybe they're not held to as rigid quality control standards. I never investigated why, but I've passed it off as an out-of-balance or out-of-round Disk. You could "track" a disk by opening the CD drive and rotating the disk slowly, while observing it's outer edge in relation to a fixed spot on the drive drawer. That should show you if it's badly out-of-round or warped.