From:
Daniel Leung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:56:19 -0500
>Ran into this problem twice in the last month and both times I was using
>a 32x Mitsumi CD Drive and replaced it with a 36x once and a 40x the
>other time. The system before replacement would come to ca creeping
>crawl when the audio cd was installed. It must be something with the
>AMD and Win98 that don't like each other.

I don't know about your system, but I talked to my dealer's Tech
support, and they told me to disable DMA usage by the CDROM. Once I
disable that everything works fine, I guest there is some memory conflict
on my system.
Goto control panel, system, device manager tab, highlight CDROM, click
properties, click setting tab and uncheck DMA.

Dan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html