From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:23:25 -0400
At 10/14/00 12:29 AM, K. Karl Kuller wrote:

     I am having trouble replacing my corrupt printer driver files for my HP
>Desk Jet 520 running on Windows 98, which originally came with a disk of
>driver files for Windows 3.1.  The HP Website doesn't even list drivers for
>the 500 Series because they are supposed to be on the Windows 98 CD.
>However, when I try to load the HP 520 files (there are two sets of files, I
>need the older set) from the CD, I soon get a message to insert the Updated
>Printer Driver Disk.

The best way to install the new drivers is to delete your old printer (not
Update the Driver) and start over with adding a printer. The 520 printer
drivers on my Windows 98 CD work fine.

When doing an "Update Printer Drivers" in the Printer Properties, Windows
will ask you to point to newer printer drivers, looking for a disk
containing *new* drivers. You should be able to "browse" to the printer
drivers sub-directory on the Windows 98 CD and install from there. The
sub-directory will be the disk.

If you think you still need the Windows 3.1 drivers, I can send them to you
zipped.

Doug

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org