From:
Dave Littlehale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 09:49:17 -0500
as the end around on my hard drive installation woes.  The instructions
say:

"Attach the case LED 2-pin or 4-pin cable to the 4-pin connector
labelled LED.  Be sure to align pin 1 of the LED cable to pin 1 of the
connector."

I guess I'm pretty stupid, but where in the world is this cable they are
referring to?  There is a 2-pin cable that attachs to the motherboard
labeled "HDD LED" (it is a orange wire and white wire); is this what
they are referring to?  It is bundled with some other wires that attach
to the motherboard in the general location of the LED and go to the
front of the case.

My second and third stupid questions are; how do you determine what is
pin 1 on the cable and how do you determine what is pin 1 on the board?

Sorry to be a bother, but maybe, just maybe, I can get a chance to
pester everyone with an actual problem installing the hard drive.  It
has been almost a month since I started on this project.  What a
headache.

Thanks for everyone's help and the suggestion on the Ultra33.  Hope this
will be the last.

Dave Littlehale