From:
Mary Elise Zimlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 15:23:17 -0400
Thanks for the help.
I got my friends computer open (hope I can close it back up). Indeed the
hard drive is 200MB. Is it worth putting a cd drive in the computer with
such a small HD. My feelings are since she won't have room for any programs
she needs to upgrade the HD, too.
This is a Compaq Prolinea 4/33S with win 95 (with such a small HD?) and 36
MB ram, a floppy drive and the tiny hard drive. It's a desktop model and it
is really proprietary. The ide cable to the HD does not have a spare
connector and there is not a spot on the
motherboard for another ide cable. So actually, I don't even know if I can
put a drive in- I was going to change the cable, but that might not work.
This may be beyond my level of expertise.

Thanks again,
Mary

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org