From:
Camerons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:59:19 -0500
Hope someone can help me.  Recently, after my monitor has been on for a
while, the right and left sides start to sort of quiver, and then after a
while, the picture goes from normal size down to about 5 inches wide.  It
jumps back and forth to full size sometimes and sometimes becomes sort of
concave on the sides.  If i tap on the desk or touch the PLASTIC part of the
monitor, it goes back to normal for as long as i'm touching the plastic.  If
I take my hand off, it starts all over again.

If i turn the monitor off for a few minutes, I'm usually good to go for a
little while.  The longer it is off, the longer it acts normally after
startup.

This thing with touching the plastic on the front and having it go back to
normal size seems very weird.

I always ground myself before using the puter.  My  husband just hooked up a
wire from the back of the monitor to a metal desk lamp, and since he did
that, the monitor has been behaving fine.

Do I need to take it to a repair shop, or is there something I'm missing?
Any and all help appreciated.

Mary Cameron

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml