From:
Shelley Sterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:21:10 -0600
I would just note, music CDs behaved similarly on my system for a while,
then stopped being recognized altogether, though data disks worked fine
for a while after that. I just needed to clean the CD drive (most likely
the lens) to get everything working again.

Fred Moore wrote:

I worked on a system with a similar problem only the whole system was
brought to a creep and it was an AMD k6-2 350 with a mitsumi 32x cdrom.
After changing the cd for a 36x everything worked fine.