Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:29:12 -0700
I have the same problem on a new Soyo SY-K7VTA-B Mainboard.  I have tried
many different BIOS settings and several different boot disks including Dr.
bootdisk and one specifically made to upgrade System BIOS...  none of them
would work.  I too received the non-system disk error when it accessed the
floppy.  Yes, it is set to boot floppy first.

I was able to load Win2K on the machine by booting from the installation CD
and it is up and running, however I would like an answer to this question as
well; before I send it off to college with my daughter.  I am stumped.

Thanks,
Eric Heath

I fdisked and formated the hd.  Went to a Win98se machine and