From:
Kenny Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 10:18:33 -0400
Ok Folks, I'm starting to feel completely incompetant. I have built many computers over the last several years. I cannot get a simple USB 2.0 PCI card installed in my own computer. I have downloaded, disabled, uninstalled, reinstalled and nothing seems to work. I need step by step help with a solution. I have XP Pro, Abit KX7-333r motherboard (raid disabled, not used), 1034 mb DDR 333 ram, Leadtek Nividia Ti 4400 128mb video card. On board USB 1.1 with 4  extra USB ports running off of motherboard. Just want to install USB 2.0 and not able to do it. Plug and play recognizes the new card, starts to install NEC to USB Host drivers, then scree says 'cannot install this hardware, problem installing USB controller, an error occurred duing the installation, the data is invalid, click finish to close. This happens with the installation disc or using the windows drivers with SP-1 update. Getting ready to back up hard drive and get motherboard with 2.0 onboard if solution not found shortly...
HELP Please!!!!         Kenny Parks
                                             Dixie Computers