Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:33:52 -0500
Hi everyone...

A friend of mine is having a problems actually getting into his XP machine
from a 98 box. He is running 10/100 network cards, has run Home network
setup wizard on the XP box and created a floppy to run on the 98, and has
run it there... (although he's not seeing an ICS icon in the systray). He
can see and enter the 98 box from XP and has Internet access from the 98
machine. He can see the XP box from 98, but keeps getting a password error
when trying to access it. He has created an account in XP with the machine
name for 98 with no luck. He can do everything but get files from the XP
machine to the 98 box. His XP setup does require him to enter a password to
get on, and I believe this is part of the problem, but the standard
practice of adding that user to XP doesn't seem to work as it does in
NT/2000. Any ideas???  Thanx.

Volkard Linke

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml