From:
"gary r. tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:15:08 -0800
  Two very common and documented problems with intermittent freezing are:
1) Win95's graphic acceleration and many Trident video cards -- remedy: turn
graphics acceleration down in your system settings   2) Microsoft Office's
Find Fast, a disk/memory caching utility that causes systems to freeze --
remedy: take Find Fast out of your Win95 start-up

There are numerous other things to try, but try these first.
Hope this helps,
gary r. tennesen

P.S.  I had a machine that had this problem and I replaced every component
one-by-one (memory, video card, motherboard, etc.) none of that solved the
problem until I turned down the graphics acceleration.

                                  -----