From:
Bill Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:49:45 -0400
I received an IBM 2.5" 344meg HD #DHAA-2405 with an Adapter to convert it to 40 pin 3.5". I tried the drive in my Notebook and it works fine, but it will not show up in the BIOS Auto-Detect after the adapter is attached and it is installed in ANY of my Standard machines. I've tried a new adapter and I can hear the drive spinning, I've also set the parameters in the BIOS manually. I have all the info from IBM and have tried it as Slave and Master.
  I used a Multi Tester and the adapter seems to be functioning correctly. It's not a big deal, but I feel I must be missing something. The adapter is not installed wrong!!

  Thanks,

Bill

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org