From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:17:08 -0400
My personal feeling is that it would depend greatly upon exactly how
sheltered from the outside atmosphere is the specific location in this
attic where you want to put the hub.  While these devices aren't going to
require as specific of an environment as a PC, I'd still worry about how
high the temperature might get at this location, how much airflow could
be expected, how much dust this location would get, and how much
moisture/humidity to be expected.  You might find that it would work for
a while, but then start to act freaky after a few times of being exposed
to any of these extreme conditions.

-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, David A Abbe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am moving a small network from office a to b and the manager wants the
> hub up in the attic of the new office.  As I usually stick them in a
> closet or cabinet or something I thought I had better ask, does anybody
> have any problems with the temperatures sometimes reached in attics??
> Will it be too hot for the hub up there??

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**