From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 17:03:38 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, December 24, 1998 11:57 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Cmpagent.exe, Drvspace, FAT32, and Win98 Update

>                Will the Win98 Cmpagent.exe works with FAT32?

This is the only one I can answers, and that is no. As for Plus 98 I dunno,
I sure someone knows the answer to that.

I recommend if you have all that space, do no compress your drive!
It really slows things down. and any partition size greater than 2 gigs
on a non compressed drive isn't recommened.

if you used the converter with 98, heres what the cluster sizes will
be for partiton sizes of 1 GB and greater (this comes from the Windows 98
Upgrade manual)

Partition size        FAT16                    FAT32
                             cluster size            cluster size

1 GB                        16KB                        4KB
2GB                          32KB                       ditto
3 - 7GB                    xxxxxxx                     ditto
8 - 16 GB                xxxxxxx                      ditto
16 - 32 GB              xxxxxxx                       16 KB
> than 32                  xxxxxx                        32 KB

of course the xxxxx 's mean that FAT 16 doesn't support drives
larger than 2 GB.

--Patrick Black

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]