From:
Andrew S <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:33:03 -0400
> I once had to rush an IBM Tech to the hospital after he grabbed the wrong
wire.

What wire in the computer (except those directly from the p/s) carries
enough current to send a person to the hospital? Failing that, why would
there be an unshielded wire in there that could carry that much current
anyway? I'd think electric interferance right away....

> Perhaps the ideal cover solution is to cut large holes in the case sides
and cover the holes with
> fine screen wire.  This would open up the P/C for air and still keep the
critters out.

This could possibly work, and some people put "blowholes" onto their
computer cases...

Right now I have 1 computer in its tower with the case off, another with the
case on - which always runs warm, and I have a computer that doesn't have a
case at all - just a p/s, motherboard, etc...mounted on a motherboard tray
taken from a case. I think that the system without the case is the coolest.

You can see which side I'm leaning on...

Andrew Shriner

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html