From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:17:57 +1000
Tom wrote:
>how we plan to use our new ones>>

Tom---That info is vital. Requirements for gaming, video creation,
multimedia, office, etc are so different.  There's no such thing as "best"
without knowing what you intend to do--not only now, but into the next 3-5
years.

Also, how far do you want to "future-proof" it?  Today's best buy may not
look so good in 3 years time. Today's cutting-edge (eg quad-core?) won't be
much use to you right now but may come into its own 2 or 3 years down the
track. And will cost a lot more.

Usually it's a compromise, which gets down very much to personal choice.
With more info, I'm sure you'll get much more meaningful responses.

Don Penlington
 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com