From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 19:05:56 -0500
Dal and Gina Hunkins wrote:

> Dear Herbert:  I have seen this problem before and was able to clear it up
> by uninstalling  and reinstalling the Dial Up Adapter.  Sometimes it gets
> kind of screwy after a few crashes.  And, it shouldn't hurt anything to try
> it.

     Thanks for the advice, I have tried reinstalling the whole network
setup, including all protocals and adapters, still didn't work! :) I am
at a loss, I have been considering just reinstalling the whole thing,
but I REALLY don't want to do that for one little problem! :) Thanks
anyways, TTYL

> >I have a very annoying problem. To start, I run win95 with IE5.0. Was
> browsing along and I suffered a crash while defraging, so after giving it a
> few minutes in case it would be OK, I pressed CTRL-ALT-DEL twice and it soft
> rebooted. Everything seemed fine until I tried to reconnect, the net
> wouldn't respond, so I checked another connection and it was also non
> responsive, at this point I suspected a problem on my end. So I opened a dos
> window and tried to ping myself, got "Transmit error; error number 10043". I
> have a small network also and it can't ping local machines either. The funny
> thing is if another computer pings this one it works, I just can't send any
> packet. I tried reinstalling DUN multiple times, never worked, same problem.
> I went on the net and found two help files on the Microsoft site, one says
> error 10043 is caused by certain files not being able to load, it suggested
> a fix, didn't work. I then found a page that describes how to completely
> uninstall TCP/IP and DUN, did the whole thing and I still have the problem.
> The thing is everything else works perfectly fine. I have a feeling that one
> single file is corrupted because of the crash, but I replaced every file
> microsoft lists for DUN and it still didn't work. Any ideas? I don't want to
> reinstall the whole thing because of this problem, I don't have backups so
> that is not an option. Any ideas? What files should I replace in case they
> are corrupted? Thanks for any help, writing from my linux system (thank God
> it works!). TTYL
>
>          The PCBUILD web site always needs good submissions.  If
>           you would like to contribute to the website, send any
>                hardware tech tips or hardware reviews to:

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html