From:
Jimmy Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:34:51 -0500
If you haven't reloaded windows yet, then you should, and if you don't want
to, then you should rename your existing windows directory, you should
probably do it from dos I'm not sure if the newer versions will let you
from windows, to winold or something and install windows fresh, making sure
that you install it to c:\windows, or whatever you were running it from
previously, and see if it that doesn't make a major speed difference.
Jimmy Daniels
Computer Programmer/Operator
http://resa2.k12.wv.us

----------
> From: Uzi Paz <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] 233 Seems slow.
> Date: Saturday, March 28, 1998 11:02 PM
>
> On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Ron Taylor wrote:
>
> > >L1 and L2 cache is normally set in CMOS under chipset or advanced
> > >settings. Older motherboards will have jumper setting so check your
> > >manual.
> >
> > No mention of L1 or L2 in the manual
>
> Try the terms Internal SRAM cache, and external SRAM cache, (for L1 ad
L2,