From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:37:33 -0500
>At 08:08 PM 12/27/98 , [log in to unmask] said:
> >  Here's what the modem does...I can call the services
> >through the modem, and I do hear the modems
> >communicating with each other, then it just stops.
(snip)

Alan Schneider writes:
>Just a thought...If your modem is dialing out and starting
 a handshake it's not a port problem.

Rick adds:
The 32 bit Juno looks like it is a totally proprietary
dialer BUT... From their Help file:
<Juno Web Requires DUN/RAS
     (Juno WEB is a premium service.)
I would guess that you are dealing with three different
types of dialer programs. The only obvious thing in
common is the modem, --- but it works with AOL...
I would look real hard at JUNO e-mail first. That should
not be "too hard"? to get working again. (Make sure you
have AT LEAST your password(s) and exact user name(s),
before touching JUNO.)
Does Juno E-mail work, but not WEB Click-Through?
If only "Click Through" is broken, look at it like a
Dial up Networking problem. If Juno e-mail does not
work, reinstall the program over itself, if necessary.
32 bit JUNO, (ver2.0 build 11 "seems" to be current)
Can you see Juno the help file?
Read about dun/ras to help fix your Juno WEB and
your third "ISP".
Note: On my computer, Juno "Click Through" did NOT
add a DUN setup for itself in "My Computer, Dial up
Networking". BUT it requires DUN/ras and the network
protocal (tcp/ip) to be installed.
If your ISP can get "NetZero" working, I believe that
might "enable" Juno to work...  Just a guess though.
Even though it works, I would ask AOL if they "did"
anything that would cause or contri"bite" to this...
This is a complex subject, and there are lots of settings
you need to check. Getting different types of programs
like this to "live together" on one machine, is
always a challenge also...  Good luck...  Rick

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html