Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 12:56:44 -0500
Hi,
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with this.  I'm a home school
mom and I had a wired
network last school year but about a month a go we had lighting strike our
house and lost our computers through the network.  So we are back up and
running and are trying to set up a wireless network.  I have 3 computers all
of them show that they are connected to the wireless connection.  When I
check
my network places it shows my computer and my daughters.  It does let me
access the shared files on her computer; I also can access her schoolwork.
She can access my shared stuff on my computer.  These are both desktops.
The problem is my sons laptop computer.  It shows that he is connected to
the network.  He can see my daughter, my daughter can see him, but my
computer does not see his at all.  In 'view network computers' he can see my
computer but when he clicks it it says path not found/your not allowed
access.  He has no school work on this computer as of right now.  Anyone
have any ideas?  I do have a firewall on my computer but it is allowing the
wireless network to work.
Also, what protection do I need on this network?  The router is a netgear
and has a built in firewall.  Any suggestions?
Also, does someone know why the SQL server keeps wanting to act as a server
and wants internet access?
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Regina Long

                     visit our download web page at: