From:
Ding Marcelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:58:33 +0800
Greetings,

I have a MICRON MPC-166 with Intel Marl mobo w/ AMI Bios
Ver.DB-1.4000.07.
96 MB RAM , 3.1 GB WD 33100H Hard Disk w/ 3 -1000MB partition C,D & E on
FAT 32, TEAC 12X Atapi CD-ROM, IDE Zip Drive, SCSI-3 HP PhotoSmart
Scanner,Diamond SupraExpress 288i PnP modem. running WINDOWS 98 W/
latest updates.

I have just install the WIN 98 last month and everything is OK.Last
night my niece was using the unit and she shut down the unit, not using
the START /Shutdown computer and when i use it this morning. The unit
boots and shows KB and mouse detected , Hard Drive and CD-ROM installed,
Floppy Disk Installed. During SCANDISK , it stop with this message "
SCANDISK encounter data error while reading the FAT on Drive C. "  This
error prevents SACANDISK from fixing this drive. "

When I prese OK the units shuts down. I tried SAFE MODE and does'nt
work. I booted from the start-up Disk and on MS -DOS , I  execute
A:\scandisk/all/surface and still it reports error on Drive C, Drive D &
E OK. There are 17 bad cluster on Drive D after the surface scan.

Please Help

Ding Marcelo

                                  -----