From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 07:40:59 -0700
I'm beginning to suspect something other than the computer. Have you
tried moving the system itself to a different location? Make sure there
is no interference from any power conduits in the wall or a wireless
router. Also, make sure there are no cell phones, or any other device
that uses an OTA (over the air) signal, in the same room as the system.
As it happens intermittently, my suspicion would lean more towards the
cell phone. Some badly shielded phones will produce a buzzing in
speakers when they verify their signal with the local cell tower.

One other thing you might look at is the printer drivers. I remember an
issue I had several years ago with an HP driver that caused an interrupt
issue with the sound. In my case it would cut out for just a split
second, but enough to be noticeable. This might be a variation on the
same problem.

Good luck!

Kyle Elmblade