From:
Kathleen LaValley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 15:46:43 -0500
Hello.

I have had problems with my internet connection.  I can 'usually' Get to the website that I wish, but once there, often times I cannot get anywhere else (via links)  It basically times out.  This all started last Fall.  At that ime I had a server that was getting hit daily with viruses, mostl y that darn worm that was going around.  I had it cleamed from my system, and checked my two other PCs that were sharin that internet connection and fortunately neither of them was infected.  Ultimately My server had some other issue and I disconnected it --therefore making THIS PC the only one connected to my DSL modem.  Every since then, I have made phone call after phone call to my tech support people and they can see no reason for my problems.  I CAN obtain my emails via my Outlook account but can no longer send anything via Outlook accounts.  I am cam still use AOL like normal.  I can still access my banking acount on line, but cannot buy anything (probably not a bad thing) on line like I used to.  I have had more than one person go over my email settings with my ISP, there were never any changes to begin with, so I cannot see why that would have anything to do with it.

The only thing I did, when I took my server off line as to connect the modem to this computer.  I just don't get it...I have run the System utilities that come with WinXP Pro (which is what I run).  I cannot even download any updates to WinXP, as the sight doesn't seem to 'see' me.. Times out... like the others.

Help!?

Thank you in advance...
Kathleen