From:
Richard Hanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 13:34:37 -0500
I recently purchased a Netgear Wireless ADSL Modem Gateway (DG824M) and 802.11b Wireless PCI Adapter (MA311) in order to network two PC's in my home. I wanted to be able to share my ADSL internet connection, and also share files etc. between the two PC's without the hassle of running cables. The modem router is attached to one PC via an Ethernet cable connection, and the other PC has the wireless adapter fitted. To start with everything went quite well, I got the internet up and running on both PC's with little fuss, but my problems started when I tried to arrange my local network for sharing. I have reached the situation where I can ping the router from both PC's, and the PC can ping each other.
Both machines are running Windows XP, and both PC’s can see the two-networked PC’s in the My Network Places window under the name of the network I have created. If I then click on the PC symbol for the other PC to view its shared resources, it responds with,
"(PC Name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. The network path was not found".
I get the same result from either PC when I try to view the resources available on the other networked machine.
I installed the network using the network wizard, but entered all the TCP/IP addresses manually, which seems to be ok as I have internet access, and the ping tests work in all directions.
Can anyone help me please?

Regards

Richard Hanner

                     support at our newest website: