From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:07:52 -0400
Hi,

Questions: will the older 6x install as a cd-rom by itself?  It will take
only a minute to find out.  Where did it come from?  A known working
system?  Something pickeup up at flea market?

My test for a cd-rom, is to put the windows 98 cd in the drive and boot
with the
setup floppy that came with it.  I have a machine that I use for testing
and know everything in it is good. If the Install program starts the drive
should be good. If it doesn't then I just put it in the "Bad" pile.

You may simply have a compatability problem with it do to it's age. It
might not
fit the ATAPI standard that is used today.  Everything does not always play
well together.

God Bless America!

Joe Lore
MicroComputerCenter, Inc.