From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 04:15:30 -0800
This may or may not help, but I've seen problems with the resident memory
printer drivers for HP Laser printers causing problems with sound. Once
killed or removed the problem goes away. It's been a few years since I've
run across it, but it would be another avenue to explore.

Cheers!
Kyle Elmblade

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:48 PM, d doran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Just wondering if you tried to get the latest drivers for your system from
> HP first?
>
> If not, an inexpensive card from Newegg would be a good idea. I've heard a
> lot of people like Turtle Beach sound cards.
>
> > Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:56:51 -0500
> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Sound not playing or breaking up
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > My first troubleshooting step would be to connect a known good headset or
> speaker to the sound output jack. If that sounds the same, I would suspect
> the onboard sound. There are several PCI and USB sound cards at Newegg for
> less than $20, some less than $10. You could try one of them for
> troubleshooting. You might buy a better one if sound quality is important to
> you, but I think the biggest return in sound quality will come from good
> speakers/headset. I like to read the user reviews before I buy at Newegg.
> > Good luck.
> >

> > >From: "Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
> > >Subject: [PCBUILD] Sound not playing or breaking up
> > >
> > >I'm having a problem playing any sounds.  Trying to play any type of
> link like utube, no sound at all, using IE7 or Firefox.  If I download the
> file first and then play it, I get some sound, but it is breaking up as it
> plays.  Locally stored music (itunes, windows media player, real player)
> sound also breaks up.  Sound is onthe motherboard, not a separate card, HP
> Pavilion, winxp sp2, 3 gb ram.  All volume setting are fine, speakers
> working, power on.
> > >Paul Hachmeyer
> >
> >          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
> >                      visit our download web page at:
> >                   http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

> It's the same Hotmail(R). If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.
>
> http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_122008
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com