From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:01:14 +1300
Hi there everyone.
I've already posted a message about upgrading a two year old Packard Bell.
This machine has 16mb of ram, 120mtz pentium processor, a 28.8 kps, Seagate
1.18gig hard drive, Nec cdrom drive, Packard Bell monitor, S3 trio64 video
card, P/s2 mouse and Keyboard, Packard Bell sound card.
At the last post I asked advice about the difficulty of upgrading these
machines and concluded that its best for me to avoid trying to upgrade this
computer.
I've not looked inside this computer yet but before I do which of the above
components will I be able to retain.
Without looking inside I'm hoping to retain the monitor, video card, hard
drive, cdrom, floppy, mouse, keyboard and modem.
My big question concerns the hard drive. The machine has Win95a on it and
contains files critical to a business. What precautions should I take
before moving this drive to the new computer. I will be putting the old
drive onto an Asus P5a motherboard with a 300 k6-2 processor and 64mb of ram.
Thanks in advance.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html