From:
Mike Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 17:22:44 +0100
I have just rebuilt my system and upgraded my operating system to Windows 98 second edition.

I now find on closing down that the windows 98 screen is displayed and then the machine immediatley switches off. Before upgrading I used to get the message that it was OK to switch of the machine on closing down. This does not appear to be causing problems (eg no scan disk at startup) but other win98 systems I have seen seem to close down in what I consider is the normal way.

Chip is Athlon 650
Motherboard is a Biostar M7MKA
BIOS is Award flashed to the most recent update at the shop were I purchased it.

Mike Mason

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html